I returned from a daytrip with Crystal and Bianca with the following:
- Knee-high argyle socks - R10
- Laundry hanger peg thing – R10
- Sequinned mini hat (for New Year’s costume party) – R33
- Even mini-er mini hat clip (for shits and giggles) – R9
- Grey panties with pink lace trim and bow – R10 (upon trying these on at home, discovered that China’s approximation of XL is a little bit too small for me, but I’m going to take this as a challenge that I REALLY need to get back to gym)
Pretty amazing, huh? The shop from which I got the hats has an extensive party section, with loads of decorations, gags, accessories and costumes, and I will definitely be returning to pick up my Halloween costume in October. Chinatown is a great place for sourcing costumes of any kind really – if you need a specific item of clothing for an outfit, but don’t want to fork out for something you’ll only wear once, this is the place to get it.
The entire experience took us about two hours. If it takes you longer, you can always stop at the food court for some (also cheap!) sustenance. If you want a shopping experience that is recession-friendly, or just want to browse somewhere completely different, try Chinatown. And let me know if you pick up a bargain!