Monday, December 7, 2009

Last night I died and went to Indie Rock 'n Roll heaven

That sparkly K was on stage last night!

Last night I went to my first legitimate big concert - The Killers live in Cape Town. Wow. Just wow. I wish I had a video of the entire crowd waving their arms from side to side in unison to "This is your life" or a recording of everyone singing "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier", drowning out Brandon Flowers.
There is something so powerful about being part of something in that way. For their finale they played "When you were young" (one of my favourites), and at the very peak of the song the band was showered with sparks from the roof of the stage and I actually got a bit teary! The whole crowd was mesmerised.
Of course, we did spend an hour and a half trying to extricate ourselves from the parking lot afterwards, but considering that some people did that for three hours, I can't really complain!
It was totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment