Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A 'real' professional

Well, it's Day 2 of my new job and I've spent approximately all day amusing myself on the internet.

I'm working as a copy editor for a media company that produces two magazines and several contract titles (i.e. the in-house publications for a few companies). Because it's the beginning of the month there is very little to do: most of the articles haven't come in yet, so I've basically been sitting around for the better part of two days, waiting for stuff to do. Don't I feel all grown-up and important now?

This grown-up thing is going to get pretty old pretty soon, I think. Leaving home in the dark and returning in the dark is a novelty that has already worn off.

1 comment:

  1. Just wait. You'll regret wishing that you wanted something to do. I learnt the hard way. LOL. Welcome back to the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete